This is a video concentrating on the Remote Timer Job framework available from the PnP Core Component. PnP Core Component is open source component which simplifies remote developed with SharePoint Online or On-Premises.
This video is part of a series of videos around the PnP Core Component, which explains the use cases and capabilities available.
- Video presenter: Antons Mislevics (Microsoft)
Following topics are covered:
- Introduction to remote operations in SharePoint
- PnP to rescue: the remote timer job framework
- Remote Timer Job Framework elements and how to get started
- Demo - Real world remote timer job
- Using Azure as the platform to host your remote operations
- Demo - Deploying your remote timer job to Azure
- Authentication option and their impact
You can download the presentation used in this video from docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
PnP Core Component Modules
This video is part of multiple set of videos, which are demonstrating different capabilities of the PnP Core Component. You can find other modules listed below.
- Introduction to PnP Core Component - Use cases and usage
- Basic operations with PnP Core Component - Basic operations provided as extension methods
- Remote timer job framework in PnP Core Component - How to build timer jobs with add-in/app model
- Authentication Manager - Simplifies authentication scenarios with MFA, ADFS, AAD support
- Site Provisioning Framework - How to enable remote provisioning patterns easily?
- PnP PowerShell - How to use PnP Core component from scripts?
- How to contribute to PnP initiative - How do get started and provide input back for the PnP initiative?
Thanks for your interest on the PnP initiative.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.