Download this episode
In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on showing in practice how to get started with upcoming SharePoint Framework. We demonstrated the preview tooling (*) for development and how the development cycle will work with SharePoint Framework.
Key objective of the web cast is to show you the high level development cycle and to clarify some of the terms and capabilities what has been shared by the community blog posts after SharePoint Framework announcement on 4th of May 2016.
Presentation covers following topics:
- SharePoint Extensibility Principles
- Open source tooling support
- SharePoint Workbench - What is it?
- Client-side Web Part Build Flow
Demo section concentrates on showing following topics:
- Looking on the client-side web part configuration options and end user experience
- Creating your first client-side web part with preview tooling (*)
- Walkthrough of Client-side Web Part Build Flow with preview tooling (*)
* Notice. It's important to notice that we used preview tooling in this video, which is not yet available for the community to consume, when this video was released. When official tooling will be available, there might be also some changes on the exact commands and we are also looking to have Visual Studio tooling support.
Waldek works in Rencore AB and is one of the external members in the Office 365 Dev PnP Core team.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
See following resources around the covered topics
- The SharePoint Framework - an open and connected platform
- PnP Web Cast - Getting started on the web stack in SharePoint development
- Multiple MVP blog posts
Thanks for your interest on the PnP initiative.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.