Download this episode
In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on getting started with general web stack in the context of SharePoint or Office 365. This recording was done before the SharePoint Framework announcements, so we are not mentioning that in the video, even though all presenters were aware of this new model. All techniques mentioned in this video do apply on the future SharePoint development models as well.
Key objective of the web cast is to explain how you can get started on this model, which will be used in the future with SharePoint customizations. We'll release more detailed web casts around the SharePoint Framework specific after this one.
Presentation covers following topics:
- Development and design stack - Tools and framework to concentrate on
- Why would you start implementing your customizations using this model?
- Web stack vs. Classic Microsoft Tools - How does tooling map on typical MS development models
Demo section concentrates on showing following topics:
- What to install and where to get started?
- How to get started with Visual Studio code and node.js development
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
See following resources around the covered topics
- Microsoft Graph - Quick Contacts - PnP Sample
- Visual Studio code - light weight code editing tool
- Yeoman - Scaffolding tool
Thanks for your interest on the PnP initiative.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.