In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on the PnP Partner Pack, which was released as part of the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) November 2015 release. PnP Partner Pack is reference solution which demonstrates different PnP techniques and it can be deployed to any Office 365 tenant and Azure subscription easily with provided scripts and documentation.
PnP Partner Pack demonstrates main topics, which are commonly used within mid-sized and enterprise deployments around Office 365 and SharePoint online. Here's list of key functionalities demonstrated in the PnP Partner Pack.
- Self-service site collection provisioning with remote provisioning pattern
- Sub site provisioning using remote provisioning pattern
- "Save site as a provisioning template" capability to store any existing site as available template in specific site collection or as tenant level template
- My site collections personal view
- Responsive user interface for SharePoint sites without introducing custom master page
- Sample remote timer jobs (implemented as WebJobs) for Governance rules enforcement
- Uses Office UI fabric for provider hosted app user interface elements
- Deployed as Office 365 App with app-only permissions
During this web cast we first talk about the actual content, reasoning and capabilities of the PnP Partner Pack. After this Paolo will present the PnP Partner Pack capabilities with real demo, including covering some areas of the code and technical structure..
You can access PnP Partner Pack material from https://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPPartnerPack. Here's the key resources under the PnP Partner Pack repository in the GitHub.
- Architecture and implementation details documentation
- Step-by-step configuration guidance to setup PnP Partner Pack to any Office 365 tenant with Azure subscription
We will continue gradually evolving PnP Partner Pack based on the feedback and comments from the community. You are also more than welcome to help us on evolving this solution with pull requests or suggestions using PnP Yammer group at https://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPYammer.
You are more than welcome to use PnP Partner Pack material anyway you need in your own customizations or deployments. It can be used as a starting point for your own deployments or as a solution which demonstrates different customization options for Office 365 and SharePoint using add-in model techniques. We have already chatted about possible on-premises version setup around PnP Partner Pack, but would need your feedback on demand around this.
PnP Partner Pack has been build using different patterns demonstrated in the PnP guidance and is using PnP Provisioning Engine as the underlying capability for extracting and applying templates using the remote provisioning pattern. If you are not familiar of the PnP Provisioning engine, we would suggest to have a look on following PnP Web Cast as the introduction.
Other techniques demonstrated by the PnP partner pack can be also found as individual samples from the PnP guidance. See following samples around the specific capabilities.
- Branding.InjectResponsiveCSS - How to add responsive capabilities to sites without introducing a custom master page
- Core.QueueWebJobUsage - Demonstration of so called async pattern with Azure Web Jobs
- OD4B.NavLinksInjection - How to add custom navigation without custom master page
- Core.SimpleTimerJob - How to build remote timer jobs with add-in model
- Core.TimerJobs.Samples - How to take advantage of PnP Remote Timer Job framework
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web case, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.