As part of the app / add-in model development practices you will be moving your customization logic from the server side to client side technologies. In similar ways as with the server side implementations, you will need to consider performance of your implementations in client side technologies.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://doc.com/OfficeDevPnP.
- PnP Add-In Transformation Training Module 2: Managing site settings using add-in model
- PnP Add-In Transformation Training module 4: Building UX components with add-in model
- Client Side Rendering / JSLink customizations
- Cross site collection navigation / Custom navigation with JS embedding model
See following guidance articles from the PnP library for additional reference around the covered topics.
- SharePoint Add-in Recipe - User controls and Web controls
- SharePoint Add-in Recipe - Delegate controls
- SharePoint Add-in Recipe - Custom field type
- SharePoint Add-in Recipe - Performance Considerations
See following samples from the PnP library for additional reference around the covered topics.
- Branding.ClientSideRendering - Shows usage of the client side rendering with JSLink property and how to automate this configuration from add-in
- Branding.JSLink - Shows how to setup JSLink property with no-code sandbox solution deployment