Download this episode
In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on how to manage your app and service principals using either code or using PowerShell. App principals have by default life cycle of one year, which can be extended to maximum 3 years. To avoid issues for your add-ins or apps around principal expiration, it's important to keep on track on the principal status and update them accordingly as needed.
App principals can be discovered and managed either using PowerShell or with code. Web cast introduces new self-service web application, called Tenant Information Portal, which can be used to visually track principal status. Tenant Information Portal is ASP.net application, which is available from the PnP Code Gallery.
Presentation covers following topics:
- Introduction to app and service principal expiration
- Introduction to Tenant Information Portal solution
- Details around the Tenant information solution implementation
- Managing app and service principals using PowerShell
Demo section concentrates on showing following topics:
- Demonstration of the Tenant Information Portal solution from the PnP code gallery
- Walkthrough of the key code from the solution
- How to discover app registration information using PowerShell
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
See following resources around the covered topics
- Tenant Information Portal - Asp.net solution demonstrated in the video
- Azure Active Directory Principals - PowerShell script to discover app registration information from your Azure AD tenant
- Handle security tokens in provider-hosted low-trust SharePoint add-ins - MSDN
- Replace an expiring client secret in a SharePoint provider hosted add-in - MSDN
Thanks for your interest on the PnP initiative.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.