In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on additional configuration needed on the SharePoint on-premises farms when you start using add-in model based implementations. This is a follow up web cast for the "Provider hosted add-in infrastructure setup for SharePoint on-premises", which was released previously. Scripts and guidance is targeted for both SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016 environments. Web cast concentrated on following topics.
- How to enabled site collection creation using CSOM in on-premises
- How to setup a low trust connection from on-premises farm to Office 365 tenant for easier development and operations around the used add-ins
- General discussion around the low trust and high trust options for your on-premises oAuth configuration
- Live demos and covered on the both provided scripts to automate the needed configuration in your SharePoint on-premises farm
Scripts and additional documentation on the covered topics can be found from following locations in the PnP-Tools repository. We are also looking these scripts in upcoming on-premises targeted PnP content site, which will help on finding what's also relevant for the IT Pro's and administrators from the PnP initiative.
- SharePoint.LowTrustACS.Configuration - Scripts and instructions on how to setup low trust authentication between your SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016 on-premises farm and an Office 365 tenant.
- SharePoint.SiteColProvisioning.Configuration - Scripts and instructions that explain how to enable CSOM based site collection creation in on-premises SharePoint 2013 or 2016.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://doc.com/OfficeDevPnP.
See following additional links around the covered topics.
- PnP Web Cast - Provider hosted add-in infrastructure setup for SharePoint on-premises - dev.office.com blogs
- Architecture models for SharePoint provider hosted add-ins in on-premises - MSDN blog
- PnP-Tools - Growing repository around specific transformation tooling from Office Dev PnP initiate for IT Pro's and administrators - GitHub.com
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.