In this PnP Web Cast we continued covering different remote site provisioning solutions in the Office 365 Dev PnP sample gallery. Since remote provisioning pattern is the recommended option to provision sites and site collections, rather than using classic feature framework related model, we have quite a few different samples on this area.
Web casts concentrates on covering the most complex and comprehensive site provisioning in the PnP sample gallery, which is using multiple different technical solutions from Azure WebJobs to AngularJS based UI implementation. Covered solution is built together with the community for matching typical enterprise customer requirements. This sample is still evolving based on the input from the community, so all contributions are more than welcome.
Covered solution is called Provisioning.UX.App and is located the Solutions folder in the PnP sample gallery, since it's more production ready sample. PnP guidance contains multiple different solutions for the site provisioning topic, which demonstrates different capabilities and patterns. Target of having multiple solutions is to ensure that there's easily approachable sample to get started on the journey for different levels of skillset. We call this as providing stepping stones for the community to learn the right and recommended models for specific functionality.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://doc.com/OfficeDevPnP.
- PnP Web Cast - Introduction to Office Dev PnP Provisioning Engine
- PnP Web Cast - Introduction to PnP Partner Pack
- PnP Add-In Transformation Training Module 6: Site provisioning with add-in model
- Getting stated with PnP Provisioning Engine
- Deep dive to PnP Provisioning engine schema
See following guidance article from the PnP library for additional reference around the covered topics.
See following samples from the PnP library for additional reference around the covered topics.
- Provisioning.Cloud.Async - Demonstrates simple site collection provisioning using Azure WebJobs
- Provisioning.Framework.Console - Demonstrates usage of the PnP provisioning engine for applying branding and needed customizations to created site collections
- Provisioning.Framework.Cloud.Async - Provisioning solution which shows how to take advantage of the PnP provisioning engine from Azure Web Job. Simplistic UI, but shows the overall process nicely.
- PnP Partner Pack - Starter kit for the partners and customers around the site provisioning topics. Slightly simpler than the solution shown in this web cast, but contains great documentation and detailed guidance on how to configure solution to any Office 365 tenant.
- Provisioning.UX.App - Solution which was covered in this web cast
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.