Download this episode
In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on the Responsive UI Package for SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016, which was recently released in the PnP-Tools repository. Presentation concentrates on explaining the solution details, how it was implementation and what are the software requirements to make it work, including also the supported scenarios and limitations. We'll also talk about the solution design principles and why for example Bootstrap was not used.
In demo section Paolo is covering following topics
- Where to find it?
- How to to use it?
- How the experience is changed with the package?
- How is it implemented?
Technically this solution does work with SharePoint Online (Office 365) as well, but it was tested only in on-premises deployment. Target is to align the styles properly with SharePoint Online as well and include this as one solution for both on-premises and online.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://doc.com/OfficeDevPnP.
See following resources around the covered topics
- Announcing Responsive UI Package for SharePoint on-premises (2013 and 2016)
- Using Responsive UI Package for SharePoint on-premises - Quick 7 min demo on solution
- Responsive package in the PnP-Tools repository
- PnP PowerShell CommandLets - Open source extension CmdLets to automate operations for on-premises or SharePoint Online
See following samples from the PnP library for additional reference around the covered topics.
If you have any feedback or comments related on this web cast, please use the Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices Yammer group to provider your input. Thx for your interest advance.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.