Download this episode
In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on showing how to get started with upcoming SharePoint Webhooks. SharePoint Webhooks allow developers to build service integration which subscribe to receive notifications on specific events that occur in SharePoint. When one of those events are triggered, SharePoint will send a HTTP POST payload to subscriber. SharePoint Webhooks will be supported for asynchronous events, like for ItemAdded or ItemAttachmentAdded. To be able to subscribe to SharePoint Webhooks, you'll need to build a service, which will response on the subscribed validation messages and will process the incoming events.
Notice. When this webcast was released SharePoint Webhooks were not yet released. They will be provided for Developer Preview soon with support for list item specific events for lists and libraries.
Presentation covers following topics:
- What are Webhooks?
- Process for subscribing to a SharePoint Webhook
- Event notifications from SharePoint
- Demo setup and details on performed steps
Web cast demo shows following details
- Registration of Azure App used for Webhook
- Using PostMan to register a Webhook for SharePoint
- Responding to Webhook validation tokens from ASP.net WebAPI
- Processing incoming events from SharePoint
- Using ngrok to develop SharePoint Webhooks locally in your development environment
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
More guidance and details around the SharePoint webhooks will be soon available from SharePoint developer center
See following resources around the upcoming SharePoint Framework.
- PnP Webcast - Introduction to SharePoint Webhooks
- SharePoint Developer Center at dev.office.com
- PostMan tool- Used in the demo
- ngrok tool for on-premises development with SharePoint Webhook
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.