Download this episode
Announced in March 2010, the Windows Azure Command-line Tool for PHP enables developers to easily package and deploy new or existing PHP applications to Windows Azure using a simple command-line tool without an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
To get familiar with the tools watch this video where Sumit Chawla, Technical PM/Architect, Microsoft Interoperability Strategy Team presents the new features and demo how to deploy a PHP application (using WordPress with SQL Server Build) to Windows Azure.
This demo is actually an abstract of the “Welcome to the Cloud: Windows Azure Command-line tools for PHP” webcast I presented last Friday as part of
PHP Architect webcast series. The entire recording will be available soon at:
- Codeplex Project site: http://azurephptools.codeplex.com/
- Blog post: post New command-line tool for PHP to deploy applications on Windows Azure
- Interoperability Bridges: Windows Azure Command-line Tools for PHP
- Window Azure Interoperability Overview
- Technical Bridges related to Windows Azure
- Running WordPress on Windows with SQL Server: http://wordpress.visitmix.com/
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.