Today's project is just for fun. I mean, what is a week in geekdom without some kind of Matrix reference? (or Office Space... oh and it is a Monday!
Plus I like seeing the WPF and "Modern UI" love...
This is a WPF control that looks like the Matrix movie "falling code". In the example supplied in the source code, it tracks the activity of file transfers.
Basically a short string representing an object being transferred is displayed in white vertically and scrolls downward, while random green characters trail behind and to the side.
DetailsUse of a background worker is made to update the telemetry object so that the GUI does not look jerky or slow down.
BackgroundInspiration for this comes from several other Matrix projects that were Console based, but this uses the WPF System.Windows.Media framework instead.
Yep, that's a Windows Desktop/WPF app...
What? You want more about that Modern template (even though you acknowledge that the Matrix control is pretty neat?)
A set of controls and styles converting your WPF application into a great looking Modern UI app. This open source project is a spin-off of XAML Spy, the visual runtime inspector for Silverlight, Windows Phone, Windows Store and WPF. Read the announcement at xamlspy.com.
- Appearance, configurable at runtime
- Dark, light and custom themes
- Accent color
- Large and small fonts
- New modern controls
- A set of predefined page layouts for a consistent look & feel
- Control styles
- Styles for common WPF controls, such as Button, TextBlock, etc.
- All styles automatically adapt the dark and light theme and use accent colors where appropriate
- Customizable navigation framework
- ILinkNavigator and IContentLoader interfaces for maximum flexibility
- Content loader exception templates in ModernFrame
- Project and item templates
- Visual Studio 2012 project and item templates for creating ModernUI apps as fast and smooth as possible
- Read more and download the extension containing the templates at the Visual Studio Gallery
Now you can Matrix your Modern
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.