Augmented Reality with SLARToolkit on Windows Phone
Today's Mobile Monday project takes us back to a toolkit mentioned here a few times, back to Windows Phone and back to augmented reality.
If all these things have already been mentioned before why revisit them? Because today's post is an hour long session that gently introduces you to the world of augmented reality, doing AR on Windows Phone 7.1(5), and two sample code projects too.
As promised here’s the recording of the webcast session I did for AT&T on Augmented Reality with Windows Phone.
It was great going through this stuff and hopefully inspiring more people to think beyond with their apps and bring in the real world to augment users experiences!
Items that were covered in the session were:
- Recap on what it means to have Augmented Reality
- Review of the different types of AR solutions
- A High level description of what sensors and inputs you can use to augment your solution
- A Run down of the top 3 AR toolkits for Windows Phone in both Silverlight and XNA
- A code walkthrough of a Silverlight solution using SLARToolkit
- A Code walkthrough of a 3D SilverXNA project also using the SLARToolkit
The source for the two mentioned projects are available here, Programming Augmented Reality for WP Source. If you grab these sample projects and run into an error where the "SLARToolKitWinPhone" project cannot be found, there's a couple fixes.
What I did was just grab the latest source from the SLAR Project (http://slartoolkit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets), unziped it and replaced that project with the one in \trunk\SLARToolKit\Source\SLARToolKit, SLARToolKitWinPhone.csproj.
Or you can download the SLAR binaries (http://slartoolkit.codeplex.com/releases/) and use them.
The important thing is that Simon spends an hour with us, talking about AR, challenges and just the fun things you can do with it on Windows Phone.
Here’s a few more links you might find interesting:
- How about a little physics in your augmented reality?
- Augmented Reality Comes to Silverlight
- (YASL53DP) Supercharging Silverlight 5 3D projects with the Babylon Toolkit
- Augmented Reality, 3D, Web cam, Silverlight 5 beta and you.
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.