Circle Dock, the open source app launcher
- Posted: Sep 10, 2012 at 6:00AM
- 8,254 views
Today's project is a little old, been a few years since it was checked in but one I thought interesting none the less, given the move toward a touch based UI world. And best of all the C# source for it is available too...
What Circle Dock Allows You to Do:
- Launch your programs from a circular dock.
- Drag and drop your files, folders, and shortcuts onto a circular dock that you can re-size.
- Rotate the dock with either your mouse wheel or the keyboard arrow keys.
- Change the image shown for the icons and change the skins (compatible with icons and skins for Rocket Dock, Object Dock, etc.)
- The dock appears where your mouse is by pressing a hotkey (default is F1) or your middle mouse button, other options available.
- Tested on computers with multiple monitors, Windows XP/Vista/7, 32-bit & 64-bit, and requires only .Net Framework 2.0.
- Automatically works on all Windows Vista and 7 computers and most Windows XP computers.
- A new settings panel that allows you to customize many options. It updates your dock as you make changes. See it change in real time! No need to press an OK button.
- Multi-language capable. Just translate the English.ini file to the language of your choice. 50+ Languages currently available
- Change the image used for the dock icons with the easiest method out there: Just set the program to "Icon Replacement Mode" in the right-click menu of the center icon and you can change all the icon images by just dragging and dropping new PNG images onto them! Huge time saver when you are customizing your dock!
- Built in support for Windows HD Icons. Vector and detailed PNG's come through with great clarity
- toggle the visibility of the dock by moving your mouse to any edge of your screen. By default, the left and right edges are used for toggling. No need to press a button!
- Rotate the dock with your mouse wheel or arrow keys (customizable).
- Reorder and Organize the dock items with new adjustment interface. Located via right click on an item
- By default, clicking on the center button does not open the start menu. You can enable this in the settings panel.
- New easy method of upgrading from older versions.
A circular, oval, and spiral dock for Windows implemented in .Net using C#. It is based on the idea of pie menus but in a dock form. ...
- Non-Docked Application Launcher
- Unlimited Folders, shortcuts, links, and managements across sub-levels
- Background and Icons customizable via a drag and drop system
- Hide Dock when not in use, to reserve screen real estate
- Mulit-monitor and virtual Desktop(s) Compatible
- No Installation required, simply unpack and run .exe
Open Source I said? Yep!
I was able to download, compile and run the latest drop with no problems at all.
I've you've been looking for a new launcher or just some interesting code, circle around to Circle Dock!