Over at Popular Science, they've created a neat little project for people on the go, an electronic Post-It note system.
With about $175 worth of parts and a day's worth of spare time, you'll be able to create one of these wonder machines.
- (1) LCD + carrier board (SparkFun Electronics #LCD-00569 + #LCD-00600; $19.95 + $18.95)
- (1) Trackpad (Electronic Goldmine #G1283; $1)
- (1) Microcontroller (Parallax #28803; $99.95)
- (1) PAK-XI Mouse Coprocessor (AWC #PAK11; $23.49)
- (1) 3.3V voltage regulator (SparkFun Electronics #COM-00526; 1.95)
- (1) 10mF electrolytic capacitor (SparkFun Electronics #COM-00523; $0.45)
- (4) 10K resistors (RadioShack #271-1335; $0.99)
- (1) 9V battery $3 (available locally)
- Hookup Wire (RadioShack #278-1224; $5.99)
Just think about all the trees you'll be saving. Trust me, I always get little "love" post-it notes for doing stuff I shouldn't.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.