Debug 4 Life
Bruno Terkaly's blog has 10 lessons on how to debug an application. Bruno's first lesson is a debug recap and a general how to debug within Visual Studio.
Why use a debugger when I can just do simple outputs to verify? You have to remove message box calls to make your code production worthy. could cause you to delete some code you didn't mean to which introduces bugs! Debugging lets you stop the program in real time and get data back about your environment with a click of a mouse.
- Lesson 1 - Intro
- Lesson 2 – Breakpoints in SubExpressions
- Lesson 3 – BreakPoint HitCount
- Lesson 4 – Debugging Threads
- Lesson 5 – Using TracePoints
- Lesson 7 – Advanced Techniques – Using Object ID
- Lesson 6 – Watch and Immediate Windows – Advanced Techniques
- Lesson 8 – The Garbage Collector – GC
- Lesson 9 – The Set Next Statement
- Lesson 10 – Debugging Threads
[Via Greg Duncan]