Have a heart...rate Band UWP sample
Continuing with our Hardware Event Theme, it's Windows 10 Band Day!
Peter Daukintis, whom we usually highlight for his cool Kinect projects, a couple months ago wrote up this nice Windows 10 UWP Microsoft Band example...
Although very simple I thought this was worth blogging as I didn’t see too many UWP (Universal Windows Platform) samples using the Microsoft Band SDK. I gave a talk recently at the Microsoft IOT Hackathon at the Microsoft Offices in Reading which involved streaming the heart rate data from the band up to Azure event hubs and I wanted to create a UWP app for it. The first step is to invoke the Nuget package manager inside Visual Studio 2015 RC to add the Band SDK to my project
Then you can use the following code (non-production ready) to display the heart rate data:
Here’s the resulting app running on my desktop:
Code is on Github here https://github.com/peted70/msband-hr-uwp-
Other posts from Peter we've highlighted;
- Kinect v2 Avateering
- Kinect 2, Sound Detection with C++
- More on the openFrameworks and the Kinect
- Custom Kinect Gestures in Unity3D? Here's how...
- Two for Kinect 4 Windows v2 and Unity 3D
- Kinect 4 Windows V2 & openFrameworks
- Saluting the Visual Gesture Builder - Details and example code
- Kinect for Windows v2 Face Tracking Managed and Native
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.