Do you all remember the Hilo C++ project from the Windows 7 release period? Now that it's the Windows 8 release period, it's also time for a new Hilo...
After you download the code, see Getting started with Hilo for instructions.
Here's what you'll learn:
- How to implement tiles, pages, controls, touch, navigation, file system queries, suspend/resume.
- How to implement the Model-View-Presenter and query builder patterns.
- How to test your app and tune its performance.
- To learn about creating Hilo as a Windows Store app using C++ and XAML, see Developing an end-to-end Windows Store app using C++ and XAML: Hilo.
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
Go to Windows Store app development to download the latest tools for Windows Store app development.
Table of contents at a glance
Here are the major topics in this guide. For the full table of contents, see Hilo table of contents.
- Getting Started with Hilo
- Async programming patterns and tips
- Using a separated presentation pattern
- Using the query builder pattern
- Working with tiles and the splash screen
- Creating and navigating between pages
- Using controls
- Working with data sources
- Using touch
- Handling suspend, resume, and activation
- Improving performance
- Testing and deploying Windows Store apps
- Meet the Hilo team
Here's a snap of the Project
From UI elements to some cool exif helpers, there's a good bit of code here to check out...
Here's some shots of it in action;
The good news is that this isn't a complete app, there's still a good deal you all can do to flesh this out and add your own features and touches, but you don't have to start from scratch...
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.