Jesse takes those who "have no experience with Silverlight nor with C#, nor .NET in general, but would like to learn to program the Windows Phone" from the very start, downloading the tools, to Lambda Expressions...
Jesse Liberty is a senior community program manager in Microsoft Developer Guidance, focused on Windows Phone 7. His blog, http://JesseLiberty.com, is a required resource for Silverlight and Windows Phone developers.
Following are links to many "Windows Phone From Scratch" mini-tutorials that Liberty created for his blog. The series assumes that developers want to learn to program for the Windows Phone, but have no experience with Silverlight, C#, or .NET.
Just how much training and tutorials are we talking about here? This is a high level page snap to give you a feel;
And this list isn't the end... Jesse continues add content, with the latest just a couple days ago, Application Bar Buttons Are Null (aka "Windows Phone From Scratch #50")
Here’s a few more links you might find interesting:
- App Hub
- Webday WP7 Preconf: Windows Phone 7 Application & Game platform - Silverlight & XNA
- WP7 "XNA for Silverlight Developers" Series
- Windows Phone 7 Development QuickStarts
- Windows Phone 7 Development Tools and Resources, from MSDN Magazine
- Windows Phone 7 Developer Tools, from MSDev
- Windows Phone Training Kit – Update
- Master List of Windows Phone Developer Tips