Jump Start Your Windows 8 Gaming Engine Dev. Eight hours, free and live...
Yep, it's another "Teach you to fish" day... I've highlighted Unity, Construct2 and GameMaker, so seeing this seemed like a great way to help you all get introduced to them, and jump started in using them...
This Jump Start takes you through every aspect of developing games for Windows 8, from figuring out your audience to getting them to pay for your product. It includes demos and lots of tips on using gaming tools such as Construct2 by Scirra, GameMaker by YoYo Games, and Unity. Learn it all from three Microsoft Technical Evangelists with a passion for the technology: Jeremy Foster, Michael Palermo, and Adam Tuliper.
- Planning your game: define your audience, market and technologies
- Game assets: images, models, and audio
- Construct2 by Scirra: a game engine creating elegant UI
- GameMaker by YoYo Games: game-making power at your fingertips
- Unity: 3D games on multiple platforms
- Monetization and Store submission: the payoff
Live Event Details
August 21, 2013
9:00am - 5:00pm (PDT)
What time is this in my time zone?
- What: Fast Paced Live Virtual Session
- Cost: Free
- Audience: Gaming Developers
- Prerequisites: To get the most out of this event it is recommended that the user has a solid understanding in gaming development.
What's nice about the Microsoft Virtual Academy is they they usually (always?) record these events so if you missing them, you can catch them later, for example, XAML Deep Dive for Windows & Windows Phone Apps Jump Start...
Videos are here, https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/win8gameengines and the MVA course is here, http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/gaming-engines-for-windows-8-jump-start