- Posted: Mar 21, 2011 at 7:00AM
- 1 comment
Loading user information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading user information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
These sites are one level of cool, but if you want to take it to the next and create your own? Say, based on the same code base used for DotNetShoutOut?
KiGG is a Web 2.0 style social news web application developed in Microsoft supported technologies.
- ASP.NET MVC
- Linq To SQL or Entity Framework
- MS Patterns & Practices – Enterprise Library (Logging & Caching)
- MS Patterns & Practices - Unity
- SQL Server 2005 & 2008 all editions
- MySQL 5.x
Other Third party:
- jQuery UI & Markitup
External Service Integration:
- PageGlimpse, WebSnapr - For thumbnail generation.
- Akismet, TypePad and Defensio. - Spam Protection.
- OpenID & Id Selector
- Url shrinking services (http://tinyurl.com & http://is.gd)
Open Standard implementation:
- hAtom, hReview, hVote, xFolk etc.
- SiteMap (Standard, Mobile, News)
Yep, everything you need to start your own custom social news site.
The Solution includes complete touches like broad test coverage and has been run though Microsoft's static code analysis.
So if you're looking for host your own, or just want to see how they do what they do, how some of the third party packages are used or just interested in spelunking a MVC project, KiGG (BSD licensed) is just waiting for you to download it... (You don't even need to download it if you just want to browse the source)