A NESL is a set of libraries for Silverlight developers that allow them to access some really cool features of Windows 7 from their Silverlight applications.
- Take advantage of sensors like accelerometers, light sensors, compasses, GPS etc.
- Access content from connected portable devices like music players and digital cameras.
- Capture and create video from webcams and screen output
- Use speech recognition and text to speech capabilities.
- Integrate with the Windows 7 taskbar (Jump Lists, Icon Overlays, Taskbar Progress etc.)
- And more!
Head over to http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/nesl to start developing with it.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.