Robotics has a pretty awesome
RFID kit with a RedBee RFID reader by Robotic Connections. Here are a few specs from the reader.
- Supports all EM41xx family 125 kHz RFID tags
- USB, XBee, and TTL Serial communication
- Serial Communication Protocol and Shared Serial Devices Protocol (SSDP)
- .NET programming API
- Operates as a slave device to PC or microcontroller
- Onboard programmable microcontroller
- Xbee point to point
- Xbee Mesh networking
- 3 power input options (Barrel Connector, USB, or Vcc)
- 4 Configurable I/O pins
- Valid/Invalid Tag LED
- Xbee Comm LED
There is even a
drywall with a gangbox cover even! You can bet we'll be releasing a project with one of these shortly.