Trossen Robotics has a pretty awesome RFID kit with a RedBee RFID reader by Robotic Connections. Here are a few specs from the reader.
- Supports all EM41xx family 125 kHz RFID tags
- USB, XBee, and TTL Serial communication
- Serial Communication Protocol and Shared Serial Devices Protocol (SSDP)
- .NET programming API
- Operates as a slave device to PC or microcontroller
- Onboard programmable microcontroller
- Xbee point to point
- Xbee Mesh networking
- 3 power input options (Barrel Connector, USB, or Vcc)
- 4 Configurable I/O pins
- Valid/Invalid Tag LED
- Xbee Comm LED
There is even a drywall with a gangbox cover even! You can bet we'll be releasing a project with one of these shortly.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.