Radical Samples for the Surface Dial
Think it might be a while until we get some code samples for it?
There are already two complete samples for it in C#/UWP, C++ and C#/WinForms.
This sample shows how to use the RadialController class to create custom menu items for a Surface Dial device, control the haptic feedback, and configure the default system items.
Specifically, this sample shows how to:
- Add, remove, and select custom items: This sample demonstrates how to add, remove, and select custom items dynamically using provided or custom icons.
- Control haptic feedback: This sample demonstrates how to enable and disable the haptic feedback for custom items.
- Configure default system items: This sample demonstrates how to add, remove, and select the default system items.
Note The Windows universal samples require Visual Studio 2015 to build and Windows 10 to execute.
To obtain information about Windows 10 development, go to the Windows Dev Center
To obtain information about Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and the tools for developing Windows apps, go to Visual Studio 2015
Client: Windows 10
Build the sample
- If you download the samples ZIP, be sure to unzip the entire archive, not just the folder with the sample you want to build.
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Starting in the folder where you unzipped the samples, go to the Samples subfolder, then the subfolder for this specific sample, then the subfolder for the language. Double-click the Visual Studio 2015 Solution (.sln) file.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B, or select Build > Build Solution.
Run the sample
The next steps depend on whether you just want to deploy the sample or you want to both deploy and run it.
Deploying the sample
- Select Build > Deploy Solution.
Deploying and running the sample
- To debug the sample and then run it, press F5 or select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample without debugging, press Ctrl+F5 or selectDebug > Start Without Debugging.
Go forth and be radical... (Sorry, had too)
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.