With most new screens having touch, wouldn't it be nice if there was a simple extension to Visual Studio that let you reach out and touch it? What if I were to tell you there's not only one but that its source was available too?
Touch interface for common functions of Visual Studio
How to use it?
- Install the VSIX from Visual Studio gallery or build the source
- Launch the touch interface by double-tapping the code editor's surface.
- Tap on the action you're interested in to invoke it. Tap outside of the control to hide it.
I saw a popular discussion on touch interface in Visual Studio and thought this would be a fun project. All contributions are welcome :)
Please share which commands you'd like to use in touch interface, or even better, submit a PR!
Relevant bits of code:
- Available commands - CodeConnect.TouchVS.Model.Commands
- Touch event - CodeConnect.TouchVS.EditorExtensibility
- Creating the UI - CodeConnect.TouchVS.TouchControl
- Theme and command execution - CodeConnect.TouchVS.VisualStudioModule