Reza Naima over at UC Berkeley is in the process of creating a health monitor system that connects to a PocketPC device via Bluetooth to display its results. The system currently monitors seven different items from the person it is monitoring.
- ECG - heart rythms
- EMG - mussle tension (indicative of stress)
- GSR - skin resistance (also indicative of stress)
- Pulse Oximeter - blood oxygen saturation and pulsatile blood flow
- Body Temperature
- Audio - Breathing sounds (can deduce asmatic attacks)
- 3-Axis Accelerometer - Movement, fall-detection in the elderly