Simulations, Emulators, Virtual Reality and Small Basic v1.2
There's some great news for Small Basic. Not only are there a ton of great projects being created, but there's a re new version out too!
Download Small Basic 1.2
You can download Small Basic 1.1 two different ways:
- Direct English Download - After you download and run the MSI file, the other languages are still available through the English installation wizard.
- Download Center Page - You can directly select and download your language from this page. You'll also see more information about what's new.
If you're downloading on Windows VIsta or Windows 7, please install .NET Framework 4.5 first.
What's New in Small Basic 1.2
1. Kinect for Small Basic -
2. EV3 Basic: Lego Mindstorms EV3 Extension -
3. Dictionary Object: Expanded Languages -
The following bugs have been fixed in Small Basic 1.2:
- Dictionary Object (1.0-12)
- Language Improvements
There are no new breaking changes introduced in Small Basic 1.2. However, there are two breaking changes starting from Small Basic 1.1 that break Small Basic 1.0:
... [Click through to see the details]
Talking about awesome projects....
If you have any good simulations to share, please comment below!
Here are some good ones to check out...
1. A visualization simulator: http://smallbasic.com/program/?SLH926-1
Today, I'd like to introduce a ZX Spectrum Emulator written in Small Basic by Tryhest. The ZX Spectrum is an 8-bit personal home computer released in the United Kingdom in 1982.
This program is introduced in following thread in Small Basic forum, small basic graphic and animations and more
some notes for spectrum emul. usage:
updated version (RHB445-0)
-new LIST start, auto rem of invalid cmds
- to delete a line just type line number and press enter
- to edit a line, type its number and press ESC on ur phisical keyb
- to continue prog running type cont (or press V screen key) and press enter
- to list prog type list or L and press enter few times (some bugs, trying to correct soon)
- use mousewheel to scroll listing, only way for now, or type LIST|nn, nn starting line (hint:use F1 to type | char)
as u may know, spectrum had immediate and run mode, thus u colud execute prog from cmd line without storing to ram.I dislike this way so I gave only a few cmds to be run from cmd line, other must be stored to line number prior to run. for the immediate cmds remained: LIST CLS NEW RUN BORDER PAPER INK CONT
to have a flickr border just type 10 FLCKR and run it. the border remains until next NEW cmd,as it's not refreshed, only if some object enters it by drawing(like CUBE or CUB2)
when using FOR cmd, the original spectrum syntax was e.g. FOR x=1 TO 10 STEP 2, as it gets difficult to parse such line I made shorten syntax FOR 1 10 2 meaning the same))
This emulator (RHB445-0) runs in desktop with LitDev extension.
- You need to remove comments in lines with File objects.
- Recommended screen size is larger than 800 px width and 1000 px height.
- Type RUN and hit enter to run the BASIC program.
For those of you who have heard of, or own an Oculus Rift, I have found some cool applications for it in Small basic.
The Oculus has two eye peaces, which means you can give the illusion of depth if you make two duplicate objects (one in each eyepeice) and move them closer together and farther apart.
That probably doesn't make much sense, so I shall reiterate.
Here is a picture of what the Oculus looks like from the screens point of view:
So there you go! The gauntlet is thrown down for anyone to make an Oculus Rift extension! I call "not it", but I have to share this with you guys, because this is awesome!
Drop a comment back to Zock on the featured thread:
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.