Always wonder what is the difference between the GPL, the Ms-PL, Creative Commons, and the MIT software licenses are? Over at the Code Project, they have a extremely easy to understand breakdown of software licenses.
- Provides copyright protection
- Can be used in commercial applications
- Bug fixes / extensions must be released to the public domain
- Provides an explicit patent license
- Can be used in closed source applications
- Is a viral licence
In addition, Wikipedia has another great listing of software licenses.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.