Summer School is in... Seven sessions toward crafting cool games with GameMaker: Studio
While I just recently highlighted YoYo game's GameMaker Studio, GameMaker: Studio for Windows 8, I thought this series a perfect follow-up.
Nine Videos and a seven part tutorial series will have you building your next cool game this summer.
YoYo Games is the creator of the very fast and easy to use cross-platform games development technology GameMaker: Studio. GameMaker: Studio has been developed with usability and efficiency at its core, allowing developers to create games in a single code base and then export and run them natively on multiple formats, including (but not limited to) the Windows Store. GameMaker: Studio combines a powerful, yet simple, drag-and-drop integrated development environment with a built-in games-oriented scripting language to considerably increases games development productivity. Whether you are an entry-level novice or seasoned game development professional, you will find value in this development environment.
Check out the videos below as they will help you familiarize yourself with YoYo Games and their community, as well as will provide task-based "how to" guidance specific to Windows 8 app development with the GameMaker: Studio framework.
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 1) Welcome & GameMaker 101
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 2) Building your First Basic GameMaker Game
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 3) Windows 8 Features
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 4) Create New Assets and Find Free Ones
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 5) Putting it Together
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 6) Add Advertising to your Game
- Game On Virtual Event- (Part 7) Get Help
- Microsoft DevRadio- Why GameMaker- Studio for Your Windows Games
- Microsoft DevRadio- Code vs. Drag & Drop for GameMaker- Studio from YoYo Games
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.