That's a great v1.0 shot... Greenshot v1.0 is out!
- Posted: Nov 28, 2012 at 6:00AM
- 5,657 views
- 3 comments
Loading user information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading user information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
We highlighted this project a year and a half ago, That's a great shot... Greenshot, and it's been chugging away, moving slowly and steadily to a v1.0 release. And now...
We are very proud to announce that Greenshot 1.0 is finally available for download now. It has been two years since the last official release and we have not been lazy in the meantime. There have been a lot of bugfixes and performance improvements, but there are also loads of handy new screenshot features coming with Greenshot 1.0, to name just a few of them:
- There’s a nice new feature called “destination picker”, which let’s you choose a target for the screenshot you have just created on the fly
- We have added several plugins for uploading screenshots to image hosting services like Flickr, Picasa, Imgur, and others. There are also plugins for uploading screenshots directly to Jira and Confluence.
- Additional export options e.g. to Microsoft Office programs, and the ability to add custom commands to other software using the External Command Plugin.
- A lot of changes making installation of Greenshot in a corporate environment easier for the system administrators, offering silent installation and the possibility to provide a default configuration while installing.
But that’s just a small part of a really huge list of changes. Have a look at the change log at the end of this post.
For those of you that are already using Windows 8: we are able to test with it and have been testing the current release against Windows 8. Currently Greenshot works, as far as we noticed, as designed when using the normal desktop and can capture the Metro “view” with the region or screen capture. It’s not (yet) possible to select Metro applications via the context menu or use the interactive windows capture.
Now go ahead and download Greenshot 1.0 and have fun with the new features. We hope that you like the new version as much as we do
By the way: we strongly recommend to always download Greenshot from our official website http://getgreenshot.org/ – there have been reports about some (even popular) software portals offering wrapped installers of open source projects, bundling adware or even malware with the original installer. Also the installers for download are often outdated or “nightly builds” which might be buggy and are not intended to be used by a wide audience.
And of course the C# source is still available and being actively checked in (as I write this, there was a checking just 10 hours ago...)
Congrats to the team on hitting this milestone!