WPF NotifyIcon control!
If you've ever had a WPF application and wanted a notify icon in your system tray, you've had to import the System.Windows bits. This always seemed to me as a hack to get it but at least I could do. Fear not anymore, Philipp Sumi has created a WPF NotifyIcon component!
Features at a glance
- Custom Popups (interactive controls) on mouse clicks.
- Customized ToolTips (Vista and above) with fallback mechanism for xp/2003.
- Rich event model including attached events to trigger animations in Popups, ToolTips, and balloon messages. I just love that.
- Full support for standard Windows balloons, including custom icons.
- Custom balloons that pop up in the tray area that can be styled with effects
- WPF context menus.
- You can define whether to show Popups on left-, right-, double-clicks etc. The same goes for context menus.
- Simple data binding for Popups, ToolTips and custom balloons through attached properties and derived data context.
- Command support for single / double clicks on the tray icon.