We don't need no June 29th! We'll do "Angry" ourselves!
In the US we have a long weekend coming up and what better way to spend the long weekend than writing our own Angry Birds clone.
Here are the posts as of May 20th, 2011;
- Make your own Angry Birds for WP7
- Part 1 – Hello Physics World
- Part 2 – Sprite sheets
- Part 3a – A Factory to make Prefab bodies
- Part 3b – supporting more prefab bodies
- Part 4 – Three, two, one… launch!
- Part 4a – Raising the floor
- Part 4b – Hello piggy
- Part 4c – Launching our pig
- Making your own WP7 Angry Birds – Part 5 – Camera? Action!
- Making your own WP7 Angry Birds – Part 6 – Impact!
- Making your own WP7 Angry Birds – Part 7 – Explosions in the sky
As you can see, each post builds on the last, working toward the completed game.
In the latest post, Making your own WP7 Angry Birds – Part 7 – Explosions in the sky, we're show how to blow stuff up...
Most of the posts include a short video of what is being implemented in the given post. Not from the completed game, but specific to the topic at hand, building on the previous work. In short, letting you see what you are trying to build toward in this step.
And of course there's the code for each step. The code is currently a build as you go, taking it from the post and including it in your project.
The series isn't video based but is step by step, from the initial download of the physics engine through building toward the finished game, each post walks you through adding to the game.
If you've seen Angry Birds and thought, "that can't be that hard, I could do that in 10 minutes" or "wow, I could never build something like that" this might be a series for you.
Here’s a few more links you might find interesting:
- App Hub
- Mixing the Game State Management and Platformer XNA Recipes
- Windows Phone 7, XNA and Farseer Physics. And source... and a game... and...
- WP7 "XNA for Silverlight Developers" Series
- Windows Phone 7 Development QuickStarts
- Webday WP7 Preconf: Windows Phone 7 Application & Game platform - Silverlight & XNA
- Webday WP7 Preconf: WP7 XNA Game Platform - Deep Dive
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.