Charlie talks about the tile engine and the quest engine. The tile engine supports several layers to create a complex final level. The first layer allows you to define a basic landscape or the interior of a building. A second layer allows you to decorate it with trees, chairs, or other objects. A third layer contains your sprites, and a fourth layer defines the boundaries inside which the sprites can move.
The downloads for the RGP Starter Kit are broken out into versions for XNA Game Studio 2.0 and 3.0. There is also a distinction between code that targets Windows and code for the XBox:
- For XNA Game Studio 3.0 Windows
- For XNA Game Studio 3.0 XBox 360
- For XNA Game Studio 2.0 Windows
- For XNA Game Studio 2.0 XBox 360
Here are some additional links
- Home page and some documentation for the starter kit.
- Forum thread for discussing the kit.
- Information on the quest engine.
- Information the the tile engine.