Embedded Kinect [templates available]
Today's project will only really directly interest those with access to Microsoft's Mobile & Embedded Communications Extranet (ECE). Bug even if you don't have access, this also provides a glimpse into what is now possible in the Windows Embedded world...
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and Kinect for Windows v1.6 Templates Are Now on ECE
The following feature updates are now available on ECE:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 template and redistributable installer for Windows Embedded 7 SP1.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable installer for Windows Embedded POSReady 7.
- Microsoft Kinect for Windows v1.6 template for Windows Embedded 7 SP1.
Microsoft Kinect for Windows v1.6 template allows for the installation of Kinect for Windows Runtime v1.6 on Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1. Highlights of new features supported in v1.6 runtime are:
- .NET Framework 4.5 support
- Accelerometer Data APIs - sensor's accelerometer is now exposed in the API
- Extended Depth Data Is Now Available - provides details beyond 4 meters
- Color Camera Setting APIs - Camera Settings can now be optimized to your environment
- More Control over Decoding- Bayer to RGB conversions on CPU or GPU
- German Language Pack for Speech Recognition
- Infrared Emitter Control API - new API for turning the infrared emitter off.
- Infrared Stream Is Now Exposed in the API
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.