Kinect 2, Sound Detection with C++
Peter Daukintis, Friend of the Gallery, posted a short, but sweat Kinect C++ example;
Here's some of the other posts from Peter we've highlighted recently;
- More on the openFrameworks and the Kinect
- Unity 5 and the Kinect...
- WebSocketing the Kinect
- Custom Kinect Gestures in Unity3D? Here's how...
- Two for Kinect 4 Windows v2 and Unity 3D
- Kinect 4 Windows V2 & openFrameworks
- Saluting the Visual Gesture Builder - Details and example code
- Kinect for Windows v2 Face Tracking Managed and Native
This is a very simple post showing an implementation of the detection of a sound, any sound above a threshold, using the Kinect V2 SDK. The sample is written as a C++ XAML Windows Store app. The code uses the usual pattern for retrieving data from the Kinect via the SDK; that is,
- Get Sensor
- Choose Datasource
- Open a Reader on the DataSource
- Subscribe to the FrameArrived event on the Reader
- Open the Sensor
This looks like this:
Project Information URL: http://peted.azurewebsites.net/kinect-v2-simple-sound-detection-c/
Project Source URL: https://github.com/peted70/kinectv2-detectsound.git
This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.