Tango Chen has revisited his Kinect Tongue Tracking, Nothing tongue-in-cheek about this Kinect Tongue Detector and updated it for the Kinect for Windows v2.
Yes, I said Kinect Tongue Tracking...
I had been so busy recently. Finally got some time and done this work, tracking the tip of tongue with Kinect v2.
Here’s the steps to track tip of tongue with Kinect sensor.
- Get the mouth area in the depth image by using face tracking.
- Get the smallest depth(then it is closest to the Kinect sensor) inside the mouth area. That’s the depth part of the tongue’s tip!
- Get the relative position according to the mouth area to know the tongue’s direction.
- Show the tracking results when the mouth is open.
Project Information URL: http://tangochen.com/blog/?p=1972
Project Source URL: https://github.com/TangoChen/Kv2TongueTracking
Related past post you might find interesting;
- Kinect to iPhone...
- Kinxct Ray - A Kinect for Windows v2 X-Ray
- Rock-Paper-Kinect! Introducing Kinect RPS (Play Rock-Paper-Scissors)
- Kinect mousing with Kinecursor (and a plea for your help)
- Nothing tongue-in-cheek about this Kinect Tongue Detector
- I feel the need... the need for Kineed For Speed
- Kinect + Cursor + Source = Kinecursor v1.1.1
- Simple Hand Tracking with MS Kinect SDK & WPF
- Kinect'ing to Angry Birds Space
- Smile... Kinect Smile Tracking (with source)
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.