- Provide motion tracking for up to 2 people at the same time
- 20 joints tracked for each skeleton, and two extra parameters of data (height, joints length etc)
- Stream RGB (640x380) and Depth data (320x240), even simultaneously
- Control the motor through JS
- Take snapshots and save them locally
- Predefined gestures (swipe, jump, escape etc)
- Listening for specific URL calls, one can for example use his cellphone that way as an extra controller
- Cursor object
- The ability to track joints, relative to the player's body, or absolute to Kinect's Field of View.
- Modal and notifications plugins
- Framework agnostic ( does not have any external dependencies )
- Chrome and Firefox support
List of Demos explained (Work in progress)
- Nokia WebGl maps - Original :: Video tracking( left hand, right hand ). Gestures( hands_dist, body_angle, escape )
- FastKat - Original :: Video tracking( head, right hand ). Gestures( escape )
- Air Hockey - Original :: Video traking( left hand, right hand, head ). Gestures( escape ), 2 player enabled
- WebGL Cars - Original :: Video tracking( head ). Gestures( hands_dist, foot_lean, escape )
- Theremin - tracking( left hand, right hand ). Gestures( escape )
- Pong - Original :: Video tracking( left hand, right hand ). Gestures( hands_dist, body_angle, escape ), 2 player enabled
- Tunnel Game - Original :: tracking( left hand, right hand ). Gestures( hands_dist, body_angle, escape )
- Stream Demo - none
- Image Gallery / Menu - tracking( left hand, right hand ). Gestures( hands_dist, swipe, escape )
- DuckHunt - Original :: Video tracking( right hand, "cellphone controls" ). Gestures( escape )
- Impress - Original :: Video tracking( none ). Gestures( swipe )
i. Kinect SDK 1.0 OR Kinect SDK BETA 2
ii. A compatible browser (Chrome 15+ / Firefox 10+)
After having installed the drivers drivers succesfully (and you can confirm that the kinect works by running the included Microsoft's demos) run and install KinectSocketServer.exe.
Once that is done, load the KinectSockerServer, the kinect should do a full-vertical scan movement and you should see your network addresses in the main textarea. If that does not happen then something has gone astray and please make sure that you followed the steps correctly or reach me at pkalogiros [AT] live.com
Next, run one of the demos (use this link, or the demos from your localhost) and input your IP address and port as specified in the KinectSocketServer's main window. If the kinect is installed in the same system as your browser, then only the port is required (not the full address) since it will default to localhost.
Project Information URL: http://kinect.childnodes.com/
Project Download URL: http://kinect.childnodes.com/more/kinectjs_vI.zip
- Twitter: @pkalogiros
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.