I don't think I've ever highlighted anything for Cycling ’74 Max, let alone a Kinect plugin for it! So when I saw that Dale Phurrough released an updated Kinect v2 Cycling '74 Max plugin, well...
New v1.1 of dp.kinect2: HD align, jit.anim.node, more filtering, better color for Cycling74 Max development
The new v1.1 release of dp.kinect2 for your Kinect v2 (XBox One) is ready for download from http://hidale.com/shop/dp-kinect2/
This new release has several improvements; a more complete list is at https://github.com/diablodale/dp.kinect2/wiki/v1.1-What's-New%3F
- jit.anim.node can be connected to dp.kinect2; use it to move the Kinect in a VR world, compensate for your Kinect's location, or to coordinate and combine multiple Kinect sensors
- Alignment of all data at HD resolution -or- to the depthmap resolution
- Filtering any combination of data by the people that are visible
- More face tracking data and in easier to use matrix format
- Improved frame rates, less jitter, better CPU usage for modern CPUs
- More color pixel formats, better color accuracy
- Easy install with a Max package, help file, examples, tutorials, and updated docs
- Better support for collections, packages, and executables
https://github.com/diablodale/dp.kinect2/wiki has the setup guide, tutorials, and full reference documentation
The v1.1 release continues to have the features from the previous dp.kinect2 version. For example:
- depth, color images, skeletal joints, face tracking, sound tracking, speech recognition, point clouds, accelerometer, ...
- Compatibility with your dp.kinect patches. You may only have to add a "2" to the object name
- Tested against Max 7 and Max 6 for both 32 and 64-bit Windows platforms
- Based on official Microsoft Kinect v2 drivers for reliability and support
Project Download URL: http://hidale.com/shop/dp-kinect2/
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.