Kinect v2 Minecraft for You
One of our most prolific Kinect Developers and Kinect MVP, Friend of the Gallery Tango Chen (Jingzhou Chen) is back with another take on Minecrafting with the Kinect
Hey guys, I just developed this Kinect v2 application a few days ago. It lets you be the Steve and interact with Minecraft stuff.
And, you can get it for free! For more information, please check out this Production Page.
Project Information URL: http://tangochen.com/blog/?p=2200
- You have an ax and a block. At start, you have an ax on your right hand.
To switch between an ax and a block, move your right hand behind your back and move back.
- You don’t need to collect resources. To place a block, simply do a push-down with your right hand.
- To break blocks, swipe your right hand with an ax.
- Even when you break the blocks on bottom, the blocks above won’t fall down. To enable gravity to all the blocks you have now, do a jump.
- Throw the ax like I did in the video!
- Hide yourself from the detectable range of Kinect sensor and Press G – G meaning “Ground”. This lets the program know your environment better. So when you have a chair in your room, the blocks may collide with it but not pass through it. However, this is optional, the program still works if you don’t do this.
- Press R – Reload the application.
- Press Esc – Exit the application.
Basically the PC that you are able to run any other Kinect v2 applications on(for example, Kinect v2 sample application in SDK Browser v2.0), can run this application.
- A Kinect v2 sensor, which includes a power hub and USB cabling
- Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows Embedded 8, or Windows 10
- USB 3.0 controller
- 64-bit (x64) processor
- Physical dual-core 3.1 GHz (2 logical cores per physical) or faster processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- Graphics card that supports DirectX 11
Get It For Free
Yes, you can get it for free, but ...
Project Information URL: http://tangochen.com/blog/?page_id=2212
Related past posts from Tango you might find interesting (See what I mean about prolific!);
- Mousing around with the Kinect v2
- One Kinect v2, Multiple Devices
- Virtual Shoe Fitting
- Kinect is on Tip of the Tongue, as in Tongue Tracking with the Kv2
- Kinect to iPhone...
- Kinxct Ray - A Kinect for Windows v2 X-Ray
- Rock-Paper-Kinect! Introducing Kinect RPS (Play Rock-Paper-Scissors)
- Kinect mousing with Kinecursor (and a plea for your help)
- Nothing tongue-in-cheek about this Kinect Tongue Detector
- I feel the need... the need for Kineed For Speed
- Kinect + Cursor + Source = Kinecursor v1.1.1
- Simple Hand Tracking with MS Kinect SDK & WPF
- Kinect'ing to Angry Birds Space
- Smile... Kinect Smile Tracking (with source)