Welcome to 2015... Now let's get learning!
You only have a couple days, until January 6th, 2015, left to get this eBook by Clemente Giorio, Massimo Fascinari for only $5. And the best part is that this isn't only the $5 eBook deal... :)
- Step-by-step examples on how to master the essential features of Kinect technology
- Fully-functioning code samples ready to expand and adjust to your need
- Compact and handy reference on how to adopt a multimodal user interface in your application
Who This Book Is For
Kinect in Motion - Audio and Visual Tracking by Example is great for developers new to the Kinect for Windows SDK, and who are looking to get a good grounding in how to master video and audio tracking. It’s assumed that you have some experience in C# and XAML already.
What You Will Learn
- Tune the captured color data stream to adjust the output to the environmental condition
- Detect simple actions, such as arm movement, to raise events in your application
- Debug and test your application to increase the quality of the software delivered
- Track users wherever they are seated or standing so that your application can interact with the users
- Capture sounds to convert the vocal input into application commands
- Adjust the Kinect angle programmatically to optimize the view angle according to the user position and the environment characteristics
Kinect is a motion-sensing input device by Microsoft for the Xbox 360 video game console and Windows PCs. It provides capabilities to enhance human-machine interaction along with a zero-to-hero journey to engage the user in a multimodal interface dialog with your software solution.
Kinect in Motion - Audio and Visual Tracking by Example guides you in developing more than five models you can use to capture gestures, movements, and voice spoken commands. The examples and the theory discussed provide you with the knowledge to let the user become a part of your application.
Kinect in Motion - Audio and Visual Tracking by Example is a compact reference on how to master color, depth, skeleton, and audio data streams handled by Kinect for Windows.Starting with an introduction to Kinect and its characteristics, you will first be shown how to master the color data stream with no more than one page of lines of code. Learn how to manage the depth information and map them against the color ones. You will then learn how to define and manage gestures that enable the user to instruct the application simply by moving arms or any other type of natural action. Finally you will complete your journey through a multimodal interface, combining gestures with audio.The book will lead you through many detailed, real-world examples, and even guide you on how to test your application.
Project Information URL: https://www.packtpub.com/game-development/kinect-motion-%E2%80%93-audio-and-visual-tracking-example
Make sure you also check out these other Packt Kinect eBooks...
Augmented Reality with Kinect [Rui Wang]
If you know C/C++ programming, then this book will give you the ability to develop augmented reality applications with Microsoft’s Kinect. By the end of the course you will have created a complete game.
- Understand all major Kinect API features including image streaming, skeleton tracking and face tracking
- Understand the Kinect APIs with the help of small examples
- Develop a comparatively complete Fruit Ninja game using Kinect and augmented Reality techniques
Kinect for Windows SDK Programming Guide [Abhijit Jana]
Build motion-sensing applications with Microsoft's Kinect for Windows SDK quickly and easily with this book and ebook.
- Building application using Kinect for Windows SDK.
- Covers the Kinect for Windows SDK v1.6
- A practical step-by-step tutorial to make learning easy for a beginner.
- A detailed discussion of all the APIs involved and the explanations of their usage in detail
- Procedures for developing motion-sensing applications and also methods used to enable speech recognition
Instant KineticJS Starter [Andrey Kovalenko]
Create Flash-like mobile supported applications using KineticJS!
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create your own HTML5 graphical editor
- Animate and manipulate elements on the Canvas
- Provide mobile device support to your applications
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.