Friend of the Gallery and newly minted Microsoft Kinect MVP (Congrats!) Tango Chen is back with an extremely common request, using the Kinect to control a mouse (with source!)
A mouse control application for Kinect v2, including a couple of options for various uses.
I’m so glad that I’ve just become a Microsoft Kinect MVP since this July, so I think I need to do more things.
One request asked most since the original Kinect came out is, “can I use my hand to control the mouse cursor?” There you can find a few applications for doing this with original Kinect on the web.
These days, some people still asked me for this kind of application for Kinect v2. Then I strangely found there’s no such downloadable applications on the web. I gotta release a Kinect v2 version app. And here’s it, with source code!
- Mouse Sensitivity
- Pause-To-Click Time Required
The time you hold your hand for as a click
- Pause Movement Thresold
How large the circle range you hold your hand inside for a little while would be a click
- Cursor Smoothing
The large it is, the smoother the cursor would move, more slowly as well.
- Grip Gesture
Grip to drag/click
- Pause To Click
Hold your hand and don’t move for a little while to click.
- No clicks, move cursor only
Project Information URL: http://tangochen.com/blog/?p=2137
Project Download URL: Kinect V2 Mouse Control - EXE
Project Source URL: https://github.com/TangoChen/KinectV2MouseControl
Related past posts you might find interesting;
- One Kinect v2, Multiple Devices
- Virtual Shoe Fitting
- Kinect is on Tip of the Tongue, as in Tongue Tracking with the Kv2
- Kinect to iPhone...
- Kinxct Ray - A Kinect for Windows v2 X-Ray
- Rock-Paper-Kinect! Introducing Kinect RPS (Play Rock-Paper-Scissors)
- Kinect mousing with Kinecursor (and a plea for your help)
- Nothing tongue-in-cheek about this Kinect Tongue Detector
- I feel the need... the need for Kineed For Speed
- Kinect + Cursor + Source = Kinecursor v1.1.1
- Simple Hand Tracking with MS Kinect SDK & WPF
- Kinect'ing to Angry Birds Space
- Smile... Kinect Smile Tracking (with source)