Friend of the Gallery and newly minted Microsoft Kinect MVP (Congrats!) Tango Chen is back with an extremely common request, using the Kinect to control a mouse (with source!)
A mouse control application for Kinect v2, including a couple of options for various uses.
I’m so glad that I’ve just become a Microsoft Kinect MVP since this July, so I think I need to do more things.
One request asked most since the original Kinect came out is, “can I use my hand to control the mouse cursor?” There you can find a few applications for doing this with original Kinect on the web.
These days, some people still asked me for this kind of application for Kinect v2. Then I strangely found there’s no such downloadable applications on the web. I gotta release a Kinect v2 version app. And here’s it, with source code!
- Mouse Sensitivity
- Pause-To-Click Time Required
The time you hold your hand for as a click
- Pause Movement Thresold
How large the circle range you hold your hand inside for a little while would be a click
- Cursor Smoothing
The large it is, the smoother the cursor would move, more slowly as well.
- Grip Gesture
Grip to drag/click
- Pause To Click
Hold your hand and don’t move for a little while to click.
- No clicks, move cursor only
Project Information URL: http://tangochen.com/blog/?p=2137
Project Download URL: Kinect V2 Mouse Control - EXE
Project Source URL: https://github.com/TangoChen/KinectV2MouseControl
Related past posts you might find interesting;
- One Kinect v2, Multiple Devices
- Virtual Shoe Fitting
- Kinect is on Tip of the Tongue, as in Tongue Tracking with the Kv2
- Kinect to iPhone...
- Kinxct Ray - A Kinect for Windows v2 X-Ray
- Rock-Paper-Kinect! Introducing Kinect RPS (Play Rock-Paper-Scissors)
- Kinect mousing with Kinecursor (and a plea for your help)
- Nothing tongue-in-cheek about this Kinect Tongue Detector
- I feel the need... the need for Kineed For Speed
- Kinect + Cursor + Source = Kinecursor v1.1.1
- Simple Hand Tracking with MS Kinect SDK & WPF
- Kinect'ing to Angry Birds Space
- Smile... Kinect Smile Tracking (with source)
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.