Tango Chen, Friend of the Galley, provides an amazing inspirational post... I don't think I've seen anything like this!
Motion Server – One Kinect v2 on Multiple Devices
One day I felt that using one Kinect on one PC isn’t enough. There could be more interesting things to do with multiple screens.
So I consider sharing the Kinect data with multiple devices. You may know that I created an app called Kv2 Viewer that can access Kinect data on the phone. With the similar technology, I successfully send Kinect data to multiple devices.
Firstly I write a server program to make a Win 8.1 PC as a server. Then all other clients that want the Kinect data would just need to connect to this PC.
Here are the simple demos I made in the video:
They all get the joint positions, joint states first and generate the body views on screen, not reciving body view images from the server.
Girls staring at target
The girls from different directions would stares at you (According to your head position). And if you act like pointing at something, they would stare at that (According to your hand position.)
Project Information URL: http://tangochen.com/blog/?p=2073
Related past posts you might find interesting;
- Virtual Shoe Fitting
- Kinect is on Tip of the Tongue, as in Tongue Tracking with the Kv2
- Kinect to iPhone...
- Kinxct Ray - A Kinect for Windows v2 X-Ray
- Rock-Paper-Kinect! Introducing Kinect RPS (Play Rock-Paper-Scissors)
- Kinect mousing with Kinecursor (and a plea for your help)
- Nothing tongue-in-cheek about this Kinect Tongue Detector
- I feel the need... the need for Kineed For Speed
- Kinect + Cursor + Source = Kinecursor v1.1.1
- Simple Hand Tracking with MS Kinect SDK & WPF
- Kinect'ing to Angry Birds Space
- Smile... Kinect Smile Tracking (with source)
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.