Processing for Kinect for Windows v2
- Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 6:00AM
Thomas Sanchez Lengeling shares an interesting library that I don't think we've even mentioned here before Processing, and how he's made the Kinect for Windows v2 work with it.
For a quick dive, check out the tutorial.
Kinect for Windows v2 (K4W2) library for Processing, is a simple to use processing library for the Kinect v2, more about the Microsoft Kinect here.
Check out the tutorial here.
Current Version 0.5
Library is currently on develop, with SDK Version 1409 (9/16/2014)
– Install Kinect SDK v2
– Copy KinectPV2 folder to your processing libraries sketch folder.
– Color1920, color image 1920 x 1080.
– DepthTest, how to obtain depth information.
– MaskTest, get only the contour image of the users.
– PointCloudOGL, point cloud render using opengl.
– PointCloudDepth, obtain the point cloud as a deph Image, and as a int  array.
– SimpleFaceTracking, simple face tracking up 6 users.
– Skeleton3d, 3d skeleton.
– SkeletonColor, map color frame to skeleton.
– SkeletonMaskDepth, map depth frame and mask frame to skeleton.
– SkeletonTest, simple 6 users skeleton.
– imageTest, images frame test.
Project Information URL: http://codigogenerativo.com/works/kinect-2-0-library-for-processing/
What is Processing?
Processing is a programming language, development environment, and online community. Since 2001, Processing has promoted software literacy within the visual arts and visual literacy within technology. Initially created to serve as a software sketchbook and to teach computer programming fundamentals within a visual context, Processing evolved into a development tool for professionals. Today, there are tens of thousands of students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists who use Processing for learning, prototyping, and production.
- » Free to download and open source
- » Interactive programs with 2D, 3D or PDF output
- » OpenGL integration for accelerated 3D
- » For GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- » Over 100 libraries extend the core software
- » Well documented, with many books available