"Programming with the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit: Add gesture and posture recognition to your applications" Book
- Posted: Aug 08, 2012 at 6:00 AM
- 5,975 Views
It looks like it's a Double David week. Friend of the Gallery, David Catuhe, who's Kinect Toolbox project we highlighted yesterday, has taken an additional step to help you in your Kinect For Windows development journey...
You want to learn how to develop with Kinect?
You want to learn how to detect gestures or postures?
You want to learn how to create reality augmented application using Kinect?
If yes, this book is for you:
It will be available on September 22, 2012 and here is the pitch:
Create rich experiences for users of Windows 7 and Windows 8 Developer Preview with this pragmatic guide to the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). The author, a developer evangelist for Microsoft, walks you through Kinect sensor technology and the SDK—providing hands-on insights for how to add gesture and posture recognition to your apps. If you’re skilled in C# and Windows Presentation Foundation, you’ll learn how to integrate Kinect in your applications and begin writing UIs and controls that can handle Kinect interaction.
- This book introduces the Kinect for Windows Software Development Kit to developers looking to enrich applications they build for Windows 7 and later with human motion tracking
- Teaches developers with core C# and WPF skills how to program gesture and posture recognition in Kinect
- Describes how to integrate 3D representation on top of a real scene
- Provides expert insights and code samples to get you up and running
Project Information URL: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/eternalcoding/archive/2012/07/31/book-about-kinect-and-gestures.aspx