- Posted: Apr 14, 2015 at 6:00AM
Vladimir Kolesnikov, Microsoft employee and part of the This Week on Channel 9 host team has released a new wrapper that will make the Python Kinect 2 Dev's smile... :)
Enables writing Kinect applications, games, and experiences using Python. Inspired by the original PyKinect project on CodePlex.
Only color, depth, body and body index frames are supported in this version. PyKinectBodyGame is a sample game. It demonstrates how to use Kinect color and body frames.
- Python 2.7.x or 3.4 and higher
- Kinect for Windows SDK v2
- Kinect v2 sensor and adapter Note: you can use a Kinect for Xbox One as long as you also have the Kinect Adapter for Windows
- PyGame - for running PyKinectBodyGame sample
Project Information URL: https://github.com/kinect/PyKinect2
Project Source URL: https://github.com/kinect/PyKinect2