Okay students! We've recently had an "Education Theme" week here, well now it's time for you to put all those ideas those posts, or others here in the Gallery, might have sparked and win some stuff!
This month, Microsoft Student Partners are sharing the story of Kinect technologies at high schools across the US - is yours one of them? Share your idea for an application that uses Kinect in the box below by January 15, 2012, 11:59pm pst and include your full school name for a chance to win an Xbox 360 with Kinect!
MICROSOFT TECH STUDENT KINECT SWEEPSTAKES - OFFICIAL RULES
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on December 9, 2011, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on January 15, 2012 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, and are 14 years of age or older.
- If you are 14 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
- You are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution that grants high-school (or equivalent) degrees located in the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia); and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
You can enter the Sweepstakes through the “Suggestion Box” (the “application”) on Facebook. You can also find the application on the Suggestion Box Tab on the Microsoft Tech Student Page on Facebook. During the Entry Period, visit http://www.facebook.com/MicrosoftTechStudent?sk=app_131954976885766 and follow the links and instructions to register for the promotion and submit an idea for a game/app that uses Kinect. You will advance to the application authorization page where you will be required to authorize the Sponsor to pull your profile information and other content that the application will require to work in order to participate in the Sweepstakes. The quality of your entry will not have any bearing on whether or not you win. However, by completing the required questions, you will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administering the Promotion and to contact you if you are a winner.
We will only accept one (1) entry per Facebook account.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries we feel are inappropriate or disparaging; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select winners of the prizes designated below.
Three (3) Grand Prizes. A 4GBXbox 360 with Kinect. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $299.00 each.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $897.00
We will only award one (1) prize per person during the Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded
Project Information URLs: http://www.facebook.com/MicrosoftTechStudent?sk=app_131954976885766