Using the Kinect to model your world with ReconstructMe
- Posted: Apr 10, 2012 at 6:00 AM
- 8,388 Views
- 5 Comments
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
Watching the Kinect make the previously impossible for mere mortals easy is one of the best things I like best about curating for the Gallery. Today's project is one such example... With the Kinect, the Kinect for Windows SDK and this free (for non-commercial purposes) download you can quickly and easily "model your world. How awesome is that!
Grab your camera and move around freely – ReconstructMe takes care of modeling your world.
ReconstructMe is an intuitive 3D reconstruction system offering unique features
- Robust 3D real-time reconstruction
- Accurate metric surface reconstruction
- Multiple 3D sensor support
- Cross-vendor 3D hardware support (AMD, NVIDIA and INTEL)
- Offline reconstruction from existing file streams
- Resuming reconstructions at any point in time
- Surface export to common 3D file formats such as
ReconstructMe is free for non-commercial use and is being developed and maintained by enthusiastic software engineers at PROFACTOR GmbH.
The video below demonstrates how ReconstructMe successfully reconstructs an office-chair. The resulting 3D model is then fed into PROFACTOR’s 3D pose localization software to determine the location of the chair in space.
Project Information URL: http://reconstructme.net/
Project Download URL: http://reconstructme.net/downloads/