Wii Nunchuk for HoloLens
Hacking Wii Nunchuk's to connect them to HoloLens virtual objects, how cool is that!
Click controller and air-tap gesture was not enough for me, so I connected Wii Nunchuk buttons to HoloLens over Bluetooth.
HoloLens input device based on Wii Nunchuk controller.
- Adds two buttons and joystick functionality
- Wireless connection over Bluetooth
- Low latency, reaction time < 1/20 second
- Easy to use in Unity, no external dependencies
- Arduino board reads button state from nunchuk over I2C protocol.
- Arduno translates key press events in USB HID codes and sends them to EZ-Key board over serial interface.
- Bluefruit EZ-Key board appears like an external keyboard in the list of available Bluetooth devices on the HoloLens.
- Standard Bluetooth pairing, no PIN required. If something goes wrong there is Pair button on the EZ-Key board to restart the connection.
- For Unity scripts the HoloControler looks like normal key press events coming from a keyboard.
Project Source URL: https://github.com/cazacov/HoloControl