moveIT! Kinecting to CAD
- Posted: Feb 05, 2013 at 6:00 AM
- 8,194 Views
- 1 Comment
Loading User Information from Channel 9
Something went wrong getting user information from Channel 9
Loading User Information from MSDN
Something went wrong getting user information from MSDN
Loading Visual Studio Achievements
Something went wrong getting the Visual Studio Achievements
Today's project is one of those kinds of projects you all know that I dig, where the Natural User Interface is meshed with CAD (i.e. something that is peanut butter and jelly good!)
Admin Note: Just a quick note to let you know we're scaling back the number of Kinect Gallery posts for a bit. The current plan is to post once or twice a week. If we get a news spike, then we'll go back to once every business day.
moveIT is an add-in application for Autodesk Inventor that enables the posing and positioning of a human body model, using Microsoft Kinect sensor and movements of your own body.
The moveIT add-in enables the posing of a human body model with your own movements. For example, if you lift a hand or bend an elbow, the pose of the human body model open in Autodesk Inventor updates accordingly.
- All major joints are supported: head, torso, arms, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees and legs
- Ability to control not only the pose but the position of the model as well: if you jump or make steps in any direction, the position of the human body model in Autodesk Inventor updates accordingly
- Ability to adjust size and proportions of the human body model to better fit specific needs
- Ability to interact with the virtual environment, 'activating' and 'deactivating' blocks with a touch
Project Information URL: http://amcbridge.com/?q=MoveIt
Project Download URL: http://amcbridge.com/?q=MoveIt