Coffeehouse Thread

26 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Bill Gates Email Address?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Matt_Rajca

What is it?

Matt

• User profile image
    harumscarum

bgates@microsoft.com would be my guess.

• User profile image
    Shiv

with over a million spam a day he might never read his messages by himself . i heard he has certain people who informs him of the latest in various fields.  u can contact those people from here by posting here , if that is really true Wink

• User profile image
    dahat

I thought it was billg@microsoft.com, for which Lake Billg (now Lake Bill) was named.

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Knowing Bill's shrewd and clever past, I would assume he has several addresses and they only accept communication from specific people.  This filtering is probably done at the mailserv level. He probably has at least one that allows only "*@microsoft.com, *@msn.com, *@msdn.com", etc.  Chances are, if he has any unfiltered or not-super-filtered addresses, they're something inconspicuous like Employee.Drone.90210@redmond.microsoft.com . His addresses may even be changed regularly.

At least that's what I'd do.

• User profile image
    hodo

Bill Gates gets millions of spam daily

The article is a year old but I doubt the number is going down Smiley

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Beer28 wrote:
    SlackmasterK wrote: Knowing Bill's shrewd and clever past,

what shrewd and clever past?
    I'm just curious, thanks.

I was referring to ancient history regarding DOS, IBM, and OS/2. I didn't mean it disrespectfully. Please don't tell Bill.

The.Article wrote:

One of Gates' addresses — billgates@chairman.microsoft.com — appears on the periodic mass mailings he sends out to customers, though there's no word on whether he actually checks that one personally. Gates is known to have other, more private addresses

On another note, had a helluva time trying to reply to this.  Every time I hit 'preview', it brought me back to this edit box and put a red asterisk next to 'Message:".  Upon HTML code inspection, my copy and paste operation from the website showed a few scripts.  All these scripts did was write to the document.  That may be why; FYI folks.

• User profile image
    Andrei P

Yes, his address is billg@microsoft.com. It receives public email and chances are you will get a response from the person(s) which filters his emails. They only bring to his attention the very important emails.

Check out Sara's blog: How I emailed Bill Gates and How I got a response from him!.

• User profile image
    Steve411

dahat wrote:
    I thought it was billg@microsoft.com, for which Lake Billg (now Lake Bill) was named.

That's the e-mail, I wrote to him last year and got a response from his secretary, can't say what she wrote though.

- steve

• User profile image
    SlackmasterK

Oh, I dunno, seems to have worked out pretty well for him.  I read somewhere that if you invested $100 in Microsoft in 1987, you'd be a multibillionairre today just off that hundred bucks.  Man, what was I thinking investing in cereal and oreos?  .... Oh, wait, I was seven.

• User profile image
    ambar setiono

i want to know email and address bill gates? tanks.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

ambar setiono wrote:

Ask yourself the inverse of the question.

If you were Bill Gates, why would he want an email from someone he didn't know? (and probably about an issue he wasn't responsible for)

• User profile image
    ScanIAm

ambar setiono wrote:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

• User profile image
    kesi

Steve411 said:
    dahat wrote:

That's the e-mail, I wrote to him last year and got a response from his secretary, can't say what she wrote though.

- steve
    lucky.... any way if you have talk to him again tell him that xbox 360, online game keepes havin problems, billing department can't even get rid of a game tag, and no body can't solve the problem with my xbox. i have been waiting for three days. this xbox is only 2 weeks old and it has so manys problem compared to playsation.  im dedicated to any system that works, and this one is unsatistfactorie. hope all michrosoft systems don't  work like this.

sincerly,    
                                                                                    Gary Erdmann (aka unsatistfied custormer) 
                                                                                                                                                                    have a nice day

• User profile image
    Ion Todirel

kesi said:
    Steve411 said:
    *snip*
    lucky.... any way if you have talk to him again tell him that xbox 360, online game keepes havin problems, billing department can't even get rid of a game tag, and no body can't solve the problem with my xbox. i have been waiting for three days. this xbox is only 2 weeks old and it has so manys problem compared to playsation.  im dedicated to any system that works, and this one is unsatistfactorie. hope all michrosoft systems don't  work like this.

sincerly,    
                                                                                    Gary Erdmann (aka unsatistfied custormer) 
                                                                                                                                                                    have a nice day
    what do you exactly don't like at xbox? what are those "so many problems"? except for the 3 RRoD I was pretty happy with mine Smiley

• User profile image
    corona_coder

ScanIAm said:
    ambar setiono wrote:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/default.htm

That site actually is served using GNU/Linux.  Probably gNewSense.

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

corona_coder said:
    ScanIAm said:
    *snip*

Come on, you can make up better lies than that. A simple check of the headers on that site reveals it uses Sharepoint 2007, and last I checked that doesn't run on Linux.

• User profile image
    littleguru

corona_coder said:
    ScanIAm said:
    *snip*
    You can't even stop to lie over xmas. nice work corona. Thanks!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.